At East Whitby Academy:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our pupils.
- We recognise that there are many benefits to ensuring that all children participate in sports or other physical activities:
- Develops strength, mobility and physical endurance
- Supports the establishment of healthy lifestyles for life
- Helps in weight control, especially important in light of current levels of childhood obesity.
- Develops social skills especially team work
- Develops friendships
- It is fun!
Our intention is to use additional funding in three ways:
- to broaden our provision to offer a wider remit of activities;
- to train staff so that the provision becomes sustainable into the future;
- to consolidate existing provision.
Sport Premium Funding is universal and therefore our aim will be for maximum benefit for all our pupils, including and especially those that may not ordinarily see themselves as ‘sporty’.
Our typical current provision includes:
- Weekly 2 hours of PE teaching for all pupils, one hour delivered by specialist Sports coach.
- Voluntary clubs (according to term) for football (KS2/KS1/Girls) kwik-cricket, gymnastics, athletics, multi-skills.
- Participation in local tournaments and leagues.
- Bike-ability training for Y5/Y6